Nov 4, 2009

I know I already posted earlier today - but I had so much fun this afternoon I wanted to share a new ATC with you. The technique: I collaged torn pieces of book pages then gave it a red glaze covered with a brown glaze. It was so dark and leathery looking (it actually feels a little leathery, too), I wasn't sure what to do with it.



I went to bed and let my mind work on it - and it came to me that a bright yellow folk art-type bird would pop on it. I even came up with the text as I drifted off. Great! Now I just needed to figure out how to draw a bird. Today I created the same collage effect as the background but used a yellow glaze, then cut out what I hope passes for a bird, wing, legs, feet, and added the beak and eye.



So again, something totally different from what I've done before. I don't know that I'll ever have a "style", there's just too many techniques to have fun with.

1 comment:

Eugenia said...

Soo cute Stephanie!
You are right, so many techniques, so little time : )
I'm grabbing your badge for my blog, I'll be visiting often.

Carmen