Apr 13, 2011

I LOVE CUSTOMER PHOTOS!!

My customer Liz purchased this custom flower (based on this one) for her baby to wear home from the hospital. Baby Hadleigh just arrived. Isn't she adorable? I can't tell you how happy I was to see this - made my day! Thank you Liz for sharing!!


Sigh, I love making things that are included in life's special moments: new babies, weddings, proms . . . it's like I get to be included in a tiny way and share in the happiness.

And now something new . . . you all have seen me dipping my toes in the sewing waters. Well I've decided to wade in a little further. Introducing:


my new Etsy shop (yeah, right, like I need another business to run!). What am I selling, you ask? Here's my "Abby" dress, made with vintage lace hem and custom organza flower:


And here's "Annabelle", made from a vintage pillowcase (so soft!), accented with a gingham pocket.

This "shop" is kind of an experiment, somewhere to put my little projects as I branch out in my sewing. "Lil Lula" is the nickname my sister calls my daughters and anyone else she's fond of. Lu was also my mom's middle name. So that's where that came from. Anyway, we'll see how it goes, mostly I'm just loving coming up with new dress ideas. Who knows, maybe a dress I make will be part of someone's special memory - and that would be the icing on the cake.

No comments: