Mar 9, 2010

I'm mulling over some changes. As some of you know, I'm a writer. I have another blog that chronicles that part of my life. Besides my family, writing is the next biggest part of who I am.

And then Art came along at a time when I had taken a break from writing and seduced me. I'd ignored him in the past, but this time he wouldn't be denied. He had to be a part of my life, he said. He wooed me with hours of carefree playing, no strings attached (unless of course, they were part of my collage). He swept me off my feet and made me forget whatever else was going on in my life as long as we were together.

Well, I had to give Art his own blog, because Art and writing, well, they represented two different parts of me. The crowds we hung out with would have different interests. And so we began this odyssey together, Art and I. And whoa, it was fun. What a trip! He introduced me to people from all over the world! He stretched my mind and, ahem, stimulated me creatively.

And then I got the idea that I should also separate my writing life from my personal observations, and created yet another blog. I also keep a journal on my website that I write for a teen audience.

Suddenly, my schizophrenic blogging started wavering. I wasn't posting to any of them because I wasn't sure where exactly my thoughts should go. I had broken who I was into all these shards. It hit me then, I can't separate the artist and the mother/wife and the writer. Not effectively, anyway.

And so I'm toying with how to share these combined sides of me best. It may be here, it may me somewhere else, but for my sanity, it has to be done. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Petite Paperie said...

Let us know., because where ever it is I would like to follow :0)

Ella said...

Are you my sister? Funny, I started a blog to do art and now people are
saying it is my writing?! My blog
is like me, random barbs of this n' that. It took on it's own voice; I'm stunned. I try to rotate a post
about art or an art date, a recipe
and some real art. I use to paint and need to again. Now I wonder because i haven't, has my art found a new way to radiate out of me. It is wild...and unexpected for me.
If you want to discuss more, come to my blog and email me. I would love to read your writing blog!

Eugenia said...

Stephanie,
I totally understand. The feeling of being pulled in different directions is stressful.
I hope that a peaceful solution is found :)

Cheryl said...

I started my blog as an odyssey of my adventures, moving to a new place, learning a new job, making friends. Then I saw other people putting their art on their blog and I thought, why don't I do that? Before you know it blogging takes over your life, and instead of living it, I'm blogging it. I'm not saying one is better than the other because I still want to do both. I just keep hearing John Lennon in the background singing, "Life is what's happening when you're busy making plans."

Sometimes, creative people block themselves from creating by putting up guildlines. I prefer to think of them as guildposts, something I can maneuver around.

Steph, as long as you're writing, who cares where. Put it all together. We can figure it out.

Anonymous said...

I totally get what you're saying.
So good to hear about your writing opportunity!
Just let us know wherever you are...we'll be there :)

Fiona said...

I'd stick them all in the one blog - its makes great reading - gives you less "angst" about what to post where and you may feel more inclined to post on them - good luck with what you decide