Jan 6, 2010

This is a painting/collage of my mom. I don't usually post other art endeavors on this site - it's pretty wholly dedicated to ATCs. But I wanted to introduce you to another artist named Carmen. You can find her at silverartisan.blogspot.com. She is also a jeweler, and very talented one at that.

Carmen has been experimenting with her art, and it was her folk-style pieces that inspired me to create these (these are pale comparisons to her work). The first one is on canvas board. I included sheet music (mom had a beautiful voice) and photocopies of her letters to me. The second was done on carboard. Goldilocks got more translucent than I wanted after I covered her in wax. It's all a learning process. I did enjoy creating larger pieces of work, whereas I used to be frightened of filling up that much space.

I highly recommend checking out Carmen's site. She's just begun offering prints of her work. She's an artist to keep an eye on!

4 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

These are very beautiful.

Eugenia said...

Steff!
Thank you so much for this generous post. I'm humbled by your kind words. I love your paintings, they are sweet looking and meaningful. With much sincere appreciation, Carmen.

Cheryl said...

I love the one of your mother. I think you should include more of your work on your blog. Yeah!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, Gorgeous art-work!!